Post type filter with number of results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Post type filter with number of results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chrigifrick
    chrigifrick
    Participant

Hello,

We have a search results page with a live search and a post type filter on top.
    The post type filter is displayed as radio buttons and works perfectly fine 🙂
    Now we would like to display the number of results next to the post type label, but we can’t find a setting for it.
    Is there any way to add the number of results next to the post type radio button label?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards,
    Chrigi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Chrigi,

I’m afraid that is not possible, I’m sorry. We have decided against this feature for now, as it is extremely resource-heavy – as for each filter element a separate query needs to be sent to count the results. I know some plugins offer that, but with a larger set of results they all cause major server performance issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

chrigifrick
    chrigifrick
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply and your explanation!
    We trust your decision and therefore leave this feature out 🙂

Best regards,
    Chrigi

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by chrigifrick .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I do hope we can figure out a way to somehow incorporate it in the future (even if it’s with limitations).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.