Posts display in only 1 column, layout settings don't display

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Posts display in only 1 column, layout settings don't display

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hi WP Dreams Team,

I just purchased your Related Posts Plugin and am excited to implement it. Unfortunately I was not successful doing so – all the related posts display in one column and the layout settings I configured won’t show. I reinstalled the plugin and tried again – same problem, though it displayed in a different way, with faulty navigation buttons.

I disabled plugins and I checked for errors (none) and compatibility (no issues).

I used the shortcode option, but even in the automatic version the same issues show.

Thanks for your help!
    Jamila

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Jamila Jamila.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jamila,

Thank you for the details, I might know what the issue is. I’ve checked your site source, and it appears that during the minification process one of the plugin scripts are moved, thus probably not loading correctly.

Can you please try to change the Javascript source option to “Minified” on the Compatibility Settings plugin submenu: https://i.imgur.com/C0ScyWv.png
    This will change the main script source to a different one, which might help.

After the change, make sure to clear all of the site cache, including page, minify, browser, query string, database and CDN caches. Let me know if anything changes.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Something changed, but unfortunately it is still not quite right. Now I can see some of the layout settings displaying, but the tiles are full-width and thus super large (as in screenshot).

Best,
    Jamila

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately I can see almost the same issue, in a different scope. The jQuery script is moved to the footer, thus the plugin loading fails.

In this case only a possible modification to the plugin code will help. I don’t see temporary back-end and FTP details on your ticket, so I will describe what to do. In case you want me to do it for you, you can add temporary FTP details by editing your initial post.

1. Open up the wp-content\plugins\related-posts-pro\includes\hooks.php file on your server, and scroll to line 63, which should be this:

add_action('wp_head', 'wpdreams_rpp_hooks', 10, 0);

2. Change that line to:

add_action('wp_footer', 'wpdreams_rpp_hooks', 9999999999999, 0);

3. Save the file, and clear your site cache.

This will move the plugin initialization script down to the footer, hopefully below the jQuery script.
    If this does not help, I suggest updating your ticket with temp login and FTP details, and I will debug through the plugin code to see why the script loading is not working properly. Let’s hope this works though!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks again for your swift response. I applied the changes, but still could not fix it. Please see the updated ticket details for a temporary ftp access to the plugin’s folder.

I also included the shortcode on this post: http://klarekopfsache.de/2016/12/18/achtung-bei-der-tellerwahl/

Best,
    Jamila

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jamila,

The script is now working, the fix was ok, I only see a possible misconfiguration now. On the Theme Options -> Slick layout panel make sure the dimension is correct for the item width. I currently see a value of “300” without the dimension, I guess you meant “300px” there: https://i.imgur.com/DWlj0Qe.png

That should do the trick 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

thanks for checking. It is properly sliding now, but still full-width 🙁 I fixed the 300 to px, that was probably one mistake. But else I couldn’t find any other possible misconfigurations. Do you have any more ideas?

Sorry for the trouble.
    Jamila

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jamila,

It’s okay on my end now, since you have cache enabled, your browser might still serve the cached CSS files. Make sure to clear it’s cache, or reload the page by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + R (on chrome).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Ernest! Working on my end, too.
    I appreciate your support.

Jamila

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Posts display in only 1 column, layout settings don't display’ is closed to new replies.