Preloading assets warnings

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Preloading assets warnings

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by tezalsec tezalsec 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tezalsec
    tezalsec
    Participant

Hi, I keep having these warning in the browser inspector:

“The resource https://example.com/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/css/fonts/icons/icons2.woff2 was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window’s load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate as value and it is preloaded intentionally.”

I see in your code it is caused by the function inlineCSS().

Does it mean it has a negative effect on performance, preloading unjustly, and if so, could this be turned off?

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It will not have any negative effect on the performance. Make sure to use the latest version of the plugin though, 4.22.3. In latest releases this (and other) assets are conditionally loaded only when needed. In older versions this icon file was loaded all of the time.
    If it is loaded still, then it is definitely required – but the search bar can be lower in the viewport, or the settings area is not immediately visible, so chrome throws a message to check that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tezalsec
    tezalsec
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for your response. So you are saying I can leave it and accept the browsers (Firefox too) keep complaining about it. Ok.

By the way, I am using version 4.22.3 and these messages appear on pages where I dont have any search bar as well, so the conditional loading seems to not work correctly.

Regards.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have conducted some tests, and there is indeed an issue there. Luckily it is nothing major, but I will patch it for todays release. Once you get a notification email of an update, and update, the message should go away.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tezalsec
    tezalsec
    Participant

Ok, thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.