Preview images for media files and search text hyperlinks

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Preview images for media files and search text hyperlinks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rocketfuel
    rocketfuel
    Participant

Hi, Just purchased and having 2 problems setting up. I followed what was in the Knowledge base and searched other tickets.

1. Preview image of media files. Using to search media (PDFS, docx, ppt, png) and no preview image shows (see screenshot). I expected the preview image in media to show in search like other plugins. I made sure the settings were turned on in Ajax. Search works but no image preview.

2. I have hyperlinks in text that link to YouTube posted videos. Ajax is not searching for these. How do I do this?

Thanks much hope I can resolve this and will be perfect!

rocketfuel
    rocketfuel
    Participant

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I’m afraid displaying images from PDF, docx and other non-image documents in the preview is not possible. The reason being is not really a plugin limitation, but simply in PHP it is no supported. There are server side PHP modules, which may be able to generate an image from a PDF file, but even that is very hard to setup.

For image files if this option is enabled the featured image will be displayed.

2. Do you mean indexing the video titles and returning the relevant page where it is embedded? I’m afraid that is not possible either. Even if we coded the plugin to “crawl” the youtube video page to get the details, your server IP would get banned in a couple of minutes for botting activity.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.