preview members search fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support preview members search fields

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

I’m Just looking for a seach plugin to find all fields in my Buddypress member list (for example other frre plugin do it)…but I need to show selected fileds in the preview….with your plugin in can I select the fileds that I can show in the search preview, like phone number and department or only the name?

thanks

Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately a custom code is needed for that, it’s not possible to select on the back-end.

In case you decide to purchase, you can contact me via support, and if you can provide temporary FTP and back-end access to your test server, I might be able to figure out a code solution to display the desired fields.
    ——————————————————————-

PS : as our conversation our site isn’t public site can we setup remote session with teamviewer?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately I can’t do teamviewer, or any other remote sessions.

If you know the names of those fields, I might be able to suggest something without seeing it, I’m not sure. If you use XProfile fields, you can check the field names here: https://i.imgur.com/6ZpdNgf.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Yes Ernest but how can I show these fileds in the preview search
    pls I think it is more easy for you with remote session you can use skype or other apps, I purchased your plugin only to add this feature.
    Can you create a custom code to enable the user profile fileds in the preview search?
    for example in the general option>user search>description filed…here I can select only biografy or last activity, can you enable all user fileds here or more fileds?
    I need to show name, office number and mobile number so the user no need to open the profile to see these info
    I hope you understand what I mean
    thanks
    Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe I might have found a solution to parse all extended profile fields, and display them as the content, it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/WOK6sYU.png

You will need this custom code to be placed into the functions.php file in your active theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!!):

IMPORTANT: Please have a complete site back-up via FTP before making any changes to your theme files!!

Please also note that this qualifies as a customization request, which is not part of the plug-in support, so I cannot guarantee this solution will work in all cases properly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    seem to works but I need to show only some fileds not all
    we can pay extra if you need to receive money for customization

View post on imgur.com

it would be great add this feature in your next release, to have a drop down list box to select and enable the fileds…anyway for now can you modify the function and let me write in the code the name of the fileds to show?

thanks
    Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sure, it’s actually possible to modify it quickly. Use this code, and enter the fields to the $fields variable on line 6:

That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    Thanks for your support
    It works only with first one record
    look the attach file

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed, my mistake, this should be working correctly:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    Thanks you very much for your support seem to works
    listen why when I try to search something I see these content ( no relevance )
    look the attach file
    Regards

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to enable sources you only want to search. If you want to return user results only, then on the General Options -> Sources panel, disable the Search in posts and Search in pages options as well: https://i.imgur.com/uCkAqi1.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Yes I got it cause I have already 2 different search box 1 only for users and one for everything
    but I mean about the text in the results ([[[sitename]]]….[[friendname]…etc) look better the image file please Ernest
    Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like it’s some kind of email sample post type, probably related to buddypress or something. Maybe the ‘bp-email’ post type?

Make sure that those post types are not choosen to be returned (General Options -> Sources panel): https://i.imgur.com/3O7PSRC.png

Only choose post types you know, definitely not all of them. Many post types are only placeholders for plugins, not to be viewed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    Thanks for all
    how can I disable the search box in a specific page?
    I have a issue I replace my default search with my newt ajax search box but in a specific page there is a code issue (look the attach file), I need to disable my ajax search for this page.
    thanks
    Regards

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe it might be possible. Try the following code, change the $pages array variable on line 6 to the page IDs where you don’t want to display the search override:

This may not work, but it’s worth a try.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

troppodel
    troppodel
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    How can I remove the filed with activity date in the result custom code?
    look tha attach
    thanks
    regards

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.