Priorities don't seem to work?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Priorities don't seem to work?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

I cannot seem to get Priorities to work for either individual woocommerce products or categories.

I am using indexed search, so I know that exact phrase match isn’t possible… but when I search for ‘hose reel kit’ then the hose reel kits show up below 20 other products. I tried changing them to a higher priority but nothing seems to change their position.

Also, just FYI – the red notification box at the top of your site is not dismissable, so it is floating over everything when I have to recreate this ticket. Kind of annoying after I have read the message about the data loss.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for tall the details, it helps me a lot.

The priorities do work, but the problem is the grouping. The grouping is done once after all of the results are parsed, and then placed into the individual groups as configured. On your configuration you have product category groups. Any matching result is grouped exactly as defined, so if the ‘hose reels’ category is lower on the list, it is placed there.
    The only ways of resolving this is either turning off results grouping, or by me adding some sort of a new feature that would allow ordering the groups by overall results priority/relevance of some sort, but I am not sure if that is doable. Nevertheless I will note this as a feature request, and see what I can do about it in the upcoming release.

Thank you for noting about the pop-up, it should be fixed now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

Ok, thanks for looking into it.

Regarding new feature… would it be possible to add priority settings to the groups themselves? E.g. instead of having to aggregate scoring from the results within a group, there would just be some other mechanism to determine what order the groups show in (besides just menu order).

So either a static ordering that you can arrange in an option somewhere, or (preferably) a way to use the same priority rule styling to give groups conditional priority.

Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

Its not actually a big deal… I think I can just reduce the number of results being returned so that they seem more relevant in general.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Not a bad idea, I will definitely consider that as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.