Prioritise a certain category

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Prioritise a certain category

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hi ,

I am testing your plugin on a new site (having bought it previously and found it to be excellent!)

I want to know if I can prioritise a certain category to appear before all other categories – I can see that i can set individual posts to be prioritised: https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/priority_settings.html – this would take me some time as there are very many posts to amend.

So is there a way to simply promote one category’s relevant posts to appear before all others in the results?

Thanks,

Krish

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hi Again,

I really want to rebuy this plugin – any chance of finding our if I can prioritise a certain category to appear before all other categories – I can see that i can set individual posts to be prioritised: https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/priority_settings.html – this would take me some time as there are very many posts to amend.

So is there a way to simply promote one category’s relevant posts to appear before all others in the results?

Thanks,

Krish

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m sorry I have forgot to reply to your ticket on friday.

I have been trying to figure out a solution yet, that does not involve too much coding, but I couldn’t. The current state of the priority code does not work this way.

What I do in this case, is suggest a modification to the actual search code part. That solution would completely ignore all priority settings, and give a higher priority to the given category ID. I don’t know if that would solve your problem, because every other priority setting would be ignored. Let me know if that would be ok, and I will put together a modification.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for getting back to me – that would be a perfect solution. If it’s possible I would be super pleased.

Thanks,

Krish

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

thanks- we will give this a go and let you know how we get on… much appreciated for your help!

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hi Ernest!
    Hope you’re well. I looked through the files in plug-ins folder and couldn’t find the code that you showed me. I really hope we can make it work..

Cheers,
    Bellyfeel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry, I did look at the code but it seems like it might be an older version of the plugin. It’s going to be a bit more difficult, but try locating exactly this code:

CASE WHEN " . $_prefix . "ajaxsearchpro_priorities.priority IS NULL
           THEN 100
           ELSE " . $_prefix . "ajaxsearchpro_priorities.priority
    END AS priority,

and then replacing it with this one:

IFNULL((
      SELECT 1000
      FROM $wpdb->term_relationships as xt
      INNER JOIN $wpdb->term_taxonomy as tt ON ( xt.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id AND tt.term_id = 99999)
      WHERE
          xt.object_id = $wpdb->posts.ID
    ), 100) AS priority,

and replace the 99999 with the category ID you want to prioritize. ( end of 4th line in this code )

I’m not sure if this is going to work, but give it a try.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Will do, thank you!

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    I tried it and it didn’t work. What do you think is the way to achieve the priority categories goal?

PS.
    Thanks for all your help, you have a very reliable support.

Bellyfeel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think this is the best and easiest way. If you can provide temporary FTP access and the category ID in question, I can try to make the modification for you and see if that works.

Please note that I will be unavailable in the next 5 days, so my answer might be delayed to 29th of february.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.