Problem search in admin (back office)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem search in admin (back office)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fullpress
    fullpress
    Participant

Hello.
    I purchased the Ajax Search Pro plugin. I have a problem in the WordPress back office. Use of the Custom Post Type.
    Whenever I look for something in a post type, in the back office, the filter results are related to all custom post types and not to the specific CPT. The results must be ONLY of that Custom Post Type.
    How can I resolve?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please add temporary back-end and FTP details, so I can look at the issue directly?

Do you mean the live results, or the results on redirecting to the results page? If the results page, then there is either another search plugin affecting the results, or the theme might have a hard-coded results override active via the code.

Or do you mean the admin search on the back-end? Because that is not affected by the plugin at all.

In that case, that might require the theme authors assistance, but I can take a look via FTP to see if I can disable that. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fullpress
    fullpress
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are right, there was indeed a problem there. I have found and fixed it within the code via FTP. It was related to the search override option. It was wrongfully recognizing the front-end and the back-end.

I will make sure to include this fix in the upcoming release of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fullpress
    fullpress
    Participant

I also have another site where I want to use your plugin. Can I know exactly what to correct? So I’ll take care of it.
    Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Of course:

1. Make sure to have a back-up of everything before editing the files.
    2. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\filters\class-asp-searchoverride.php file via FTP
    3. Replace it’s contents with this.
    4. Save the file.

That’s it 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fullpress
    fullpress
    Participant

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.