Problem with TablePress on my website search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with TablePress on my website search

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Hello,

I use TablePress on my website and Ajax Search Pro don’t see the element on my tables.
    I have use the “Search custom fields” and find :

_tablepress_table_options
    _tablepress_table_visibility

but nothing change, all the elements on my table are invisible for the sarch.
    What can i do to have all my website elements (TablePress include) visible on my search ?

Thanks a lot for your return.
    Regards,
    O.Carre

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Tablepress items are only visible after the page is processed, therefore you need to use the index table engine to index their contents.
    You don’t need to select any of the tablepress custom fields, nor the tablepress post types. Only choose the post types you want to see in the results for indexing, then generate the index table. Make sure to enable the index table once the configuration is done.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Hello,
    Tanks for your return, i have put all the available post types in the Index table and enable it.
    But it doesn’t work, it’s always the same : No result.
    In my TablePress i have search : CNCE or Code de l’Environnement who are in my table
    but the search don’t find any terms.

Is there a solution ?
    Regards,
    O.Carre

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Make sure that the index table is also enabled on the search instance options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Hello,
    The index table is enable on the search instance options (as you can see on attachment) but the search don’t work fine.

Regards,
    O.Carre

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I tried to log-in with the administrator details, but either the username or password is incorrect. Can you please check?
    I would like to debug the configuration to see what is wrong.

Also, can you please send a link to a page, which should come up when typing “CNCE”. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Here my administrator details :

https://www.anccli.org/guide/wp-admin
    Login :
    anccli-nucleoinformatif457821
    Password :
    rE^Cb3ibSlHHEsfq

For the page with CNCE : https://www.anccli.org/guide/tableau/

Thanks,
    O.Carre

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I logged in and checked, everything seems to be configured correctly.

I logged in via FTP as well to debug the code, and I found the issue. It seem like the WPBakery page builder shortcodes are not executing. This was a known issue on earlier known versions of that plugin, and was possible to resolve via adding the following custom code:

WPBMap::addAllMappedShortcodes();

However, this no longer works, and the post contents are simply returned empty. Please try updating page builder plugin to the latest version, to make sure this is not a known issue, that had been resolved before.
    After that, try re-creating the index table, so the shortcodes are executed again.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Hello,

I have buy an update for page builder and take a license version 6.7.0
    I have re-creating the index table…. and the problem is always the same, no result on my search.

Do you have a solution ? i really need this search work fine.
    Thanks a lot,
    O.Carre

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid it is not the search causing the issue – the post bodies are empty after applying the do_shortcode or the the_content filters.

If you want, you can open a support ticket with the WPBakery page builder authors, they may know what the problem is, and how to resove it.

You can tell them, that the issue is:

Within an ajax request, applying the do_shortcode() function or the “the_content” filter returns an empty string, instead of the executed shortcodes, ex.:

$post = get_post($id); //$post->post_content contains the content with vc_ shortcodes
    $content = do_shortcode($post->post_content); // Empty string
    $content2 = apply_filters('the_content', $post->post_content); // Empty string

..adding the:

WPBMap::addAllMappedShortcodes();

..before the get_post(..) call, does not resolve the issue, still empty strings are returned.

It appears, that the shortcodes are not yet registered at that point of execution. Is there a way to load them either via settings or programmatically? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

monsieurcarre56
    monsieurcarre56
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your return, i have open a support ticket.
    I’ll tell you if i find a issue.

Regards,
    O.Carre

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, let me know for sure, I am very curious if there is anything we can do about it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.