Question about limiting Search to categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Question about limiting Search to categories

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Scott
    dayfornight
    Participant

Hello, when I purchased the Ajax Search Pro, it was to hopefully unlock features which allow me to constrain or limit search to specific parts of the site, such as pages which are assigned to a particular post-category.
    This would be used, for example where Members of the site who sign in would be able to visit a page of Member Videos, and conduct a search of Videos *only* — where we would designate video content using a post-category, or custom page-category.

Is this achievable? When I search the documentation, the term “Limit Search to Categories” only points to examples where the user types in a search term and where individual “category names” become part of the searchable content, rather than a search within a category?

Please, if you can shed some light on whether this is possible, that would be most helpful and appreciated, as I’m having a lot of trouble right now with the documentation for this reason.

Thanks,
    Eric

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Yes, that is possible, I think you will find all the information in this documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.