Question about suggested search placement

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Question about suggested search placement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shotaling65
    shotaling65
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m building a new support site on my local machine, and one of the challenges I’m running into is that when the suggested search terms section is added, the search results end up falling below them on the page, which makes for an odd and potentially confusing user experience. I’m pretty handy with CSS but I can’t seem to alter this so that the search results end up directly under the search bar (which is what I want, see attached images for examples). Is there anything I can do to alter this behavior? My UX team thinks this is very important. We’ve tried adding our own suggested search buttons that fill the input fields, but there’s no way to trigger the search from there using jQuery or Javascript – it just fills the box with the text, but no search appears below. From what I can see in the code, the suggested search is wrapped in a <p id=”asp-try-1_1″ class=”asp-try asp-try-1″ > tag that is forcing the results to be displayed below it, but I’d like to have that disappear when the results are queued.

Please let me know if there’s anything that can be done to fix or modify this behavior! Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I recommend using the default hovering layout for the search results. In that case, the results will hover just about over the suggested keywords, as you would expect.
    If that option is already set to hovering, then make sure not to use the results shortcode, as it automatically forces a blocking layout. Once it’s done, you can adjust the top margin if you want to bring the results box closer to the input.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

shotaling65
    shotaling65
    Participant

Ah – I was using the results shortcode and didn’t realize that was the problem as I had set it to hovering in the settings! Thank you so much! Your solution worked perfectly!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.