Questions regarding search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Questions regarding search results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by davidb714 davidb714 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidb714
    davidb714
    Participant

Hello,

I have a couple of questions on whether something is possible, rather than technical questions.

My website is a web directory that I created with the directories pro plugin. I have four directories defined in the plugin:people, places, web and webref

The question I have is in regard to the webref directory.

I use the grouping Post Type feature in AJax Search Pro, and the webref directory is one of the post types that I use. If I enter a search term like fashion model, I get results from the People -Listing and WebRef – Listings.

I was wondering if I could change WebRef to “web reference”. I tried checking the templating section of your knowlegebase, but I am not familiar enough with coding to know if that is possible.

My second question is also in regard to the vertical drop-down display.

When surfing the net, I found a site with a search display that I really like: https://everipedia.org/.

If you enter a search for fashion model, the results display a label to the right that categorizes each result like: person, thing, creative work, etc.

I was wondering if a similar display is possible with Ajax Search Pro? The plugin has a lot of options, and I may have overlooked it. If it is not possible, that is also ok. The grouping feature is close enough if it is not possible.

If you visit my site, you will see the search at the very top of the page, on the right-hand side.

Thank you!

David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi David,

For the grouping feature, you can rename the group headear here: https://i.imgur.com/OzhS27n.png
    Basically you just select which post types to use in which order and change the titles, that’s it.

For the labels, your best bet is probably the advanced title and content field features. If you have categories, you can display them there. It also supports custom HTML, so you can place them in whatever elements you need, and style them via custom CSS.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

davidb714
    davidb714
    Participant

Thats great! Thank you very much!

David

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by davidb714 .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.