Random Results doesn't work with Index Table on 4.26.3

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Random Results doesn't work with Index Table on 4.26.3

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    adam-polyaire89
    adam-polyaire89
    Participant

Hi, I’ve updated to 4.26.3, I use the Index table. The Primary Ordering and Secondary Ordering Random no longer works when the Index table is also used. the results stay in the same order. On a site with 4.26.2 the random order works with Index table, but after updating to 4.26.3 all results stay in the same order with the index table. turning off Index table, they appear in random order. Has a setting changed or can you make a fix?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just tested but I’m getting random results every single time via the index table engine.

Can you please add temporary ftp and back-end access? I will have to test this directly to see what may trigger the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

adam-polyaire89
    adam-polyaire89
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Adam.

I have a possible suspicion, but I’m not sure. I still can’t replicate, I’m getting proper randomized results, but I may have a guess why.

Can you please open the:
    wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/Search/SearchPostTypes.php
    file on your server via FTP or editor and replace it with this.

This should enforce server side randomizing regardless the engine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adam-polyaire89
    adam-polyaire89
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Yes this fixes the issue on our Staging site. Thank you. We are using PHP8/8.1 incase that has any bearing on this. For our live sites we’ll keep using the Is this something that can be addressed in a future update?

Regards
    Adam

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. It’s luckily not PHP version related, it was a mistake for a different issue fix.

I have made a request for this already, depending on the timeframe, it will be fixed in 4.26.4 or 4.27, whichever comes first – within a month for sure. Currently this is the only open issue with 4.26.3 yet, I will wait 2 more weeks to see if anything else is getting reported for fixes.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adam-polyaire89
    adam-polyaire89
    Participant

Hi Ernest, just wanted to say thank you for the update to 4.26.4, it is all working great with the random results function now. Thanks 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome and thank you for the feedback 🙂

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page and on the wordpress plugin repository, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.