Re-Populate Results after hitting the Back-Button

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Re-Populate Results after hitting the Back-Button

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tobyy
    tobyy
    Participant

Is there any way to re-populate the search terms & results in the results box after the user visited one result and hits the back-button?

right now the user has to re-enter all the search details, which is not user-friendly at all.

any ideas how to achieve this? or would i have to turn off the ajax search completely and always display search results on a different page (would be a bummer)?

thanks for your help,
    toby

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Toby,

In short, it’s not possible – simply because there is no reliable way to store and fetch data temporarily whenever the back button is clicked, because on most browsers both cookies and web storage information is re-set on clicking the back button. So there is no way to memorize and re-set the values, and even if there was, most browser does not re-run the scripts after the back-button event, and it would be impossible to re-store the states.

Some simple forms are memorized automatically by webkit browsers, but it’s usually only true for form submittions, not redirections. I wish there was a reliable way to get around this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.