Remove from facebook pixel

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Remove from facebook pixel

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sumaiya91
    sumaiya91
    Participant

We are in the health industry and as a result we do not want facebook pixel to pick the queries from the search bar. We are getting the below error as reported by facebook event manager. This is coming from your plugin which is sending data to the facebook manager

Potentially Violating Health Data Sent to Facebook

We need to know how to disable the search queries from getting picked up from facebook pixel.

The data is getting picked up from the parameter ?s=. See below the effected URL as reported from the facebook event manager
    https://therastore.co.nz/?s=_removed_&_filteredParams=_removed_

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin does not intergrate with any facook features, nor use any code related to facebook API. It does not intergrate any tracking codes either.

The URL you sent is only a generic search query. Facebook pixel may automatically collect this information, I am not familiar with how it works. You may have to look up their documentation or remove the pixel tracking.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sumaiya91
    sumaiya91
    Participant

Ok then help me another way. I have changed the name of the default query string to “search” from “s”. But using the below code snippet

//Remove the default search var and add a custom one
    add_filter(‘init’, function(){
    global $wp;
    $wp->add_query_var( ‘search’ );
    $wp->remove_query_var( ‘s’ );
    } );

//If the custom var is passed copy that over to the default “s” var
    add_filter( ‘request’, function( $request ){
    if( isset( $_REQUEST[‘search’] ) ){
    $request[‘s’] = $_REQUEST[‘search’];
    }
    return $request;
    } );

So the site works with https://newbook.therastore.co.nz/?search=collagen rather then https://newbook.therastore.co.nz/?s=collagen

But now your plugin is still referring back to “s” is not working when the “search” button is clicked. How do i update the input box so it uses “search” rather than “s” variable.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can do that via changing the magnifier and click actions to a custom URL.
    Into the custom URL box then try typing:

?search={phrase}

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sumaiya91
    sumaiya91
    Participant

Thank you.

It is working now.

Can you also confirm:

If i can delete the free version of the plugin now that I have the pro version

Also I am testing the pro version on a test site but I want to add it to the production site as well. How can I do this as I believe this plugin is a single licensed plugin.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can safely remove the free version, they are separate plugin, working independently.

Using it on test and production environments is perfectly fine with a single license, you don’t need to purchase another one. You can read more about activations on staging/test environment here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sumaiya91
    sumaiya91
    Participant

Hi,

I have found out another issue. It is not searching the content even though I have enabled “content search” in the backend. You can test it here https://newbook.therastore.co.nz/ and search “omega”. You can see that the posts are not showing in the dropdown even though there are posts with “omega” in it.

Refer to the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which items does not show? Can you please link to one? I can see items in the dropdown, but I don’t know which ones are missing. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.