Result pagination doesn't work when search shortcode is on the same page

Home Forums Bug reporting, Questions & Suggestions Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Result pagination doesn't work when search shortcode is on the same page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by patricia.clemente patricia.clemente 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    patricia.clemente
    patricia.clemente
    Participant

Hi,

I have currently created a custom results page using Elementor as per the documentation, though I have used the Loop Grid widget instead of the Posts widget.

However, using pagination, I have found that the results do not load properly if I try to access any page beyond page 1 only when the search shortcode is on the same page (e.g. on the site-wide menu). When I click on page 2 of the results, the loading image on the search bar is triggered but I am never able to successfully see the next page of results.

I have tried removing the search shortcode from the site-wide menu, and as a result, I am able to access all search results such that when I click on page 2 of the results, I am able to see the next page of results. I have attached screenshots of these behaviours (i.e. when the search shortcode is on the results page vs when the search shortcode is not on the results page).

My motivation behind putting the search bar on the site-wide menu bar is such that it can be accessed across the whole site and also display the filter settings on the custom search results page.

To further note, I have turned off all live search triggers both in the ‘Live Search Triggers’ and ‘Search | Elementor | Archive | Shop page Live Results’ settings.

I was wondering if there is some way I can configure my search form and custom results page such that I am able to see all results on the Elementor widget (including pagination), but still have the filter settings displayed on the custom search results page?

Thanks,
    Patricia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The most likely cause of the problem is, that the Loop Grid is not yet officially supported, but it highly depends on the exact setup as well.
    In one of the upcoming releases this is going to be addressed and the Loop Grid should start working as well. If we run into some issues or limitations I will document that as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

patricia.clemente
    patricia.clemente
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your response! I have just tried replacing the Loop Grid with the Posts widget as suggested on Ajax Search Pro’s documentation, however I seem to be having the same problem.

When the search shortcode is located within the custom search results page, I am not able to access any page beyond page 1 of the search results. On the other hand, when the search shortcode is not located within the search results page, I am able to access all pages of the results.

Would you happen to know why this is the case?

Would you also happen to have a timeline for the plugin’s upcoming releases?

Thanks,
    Patricia

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by patricia.clemente . Reason: Additioal query
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Ajax Search Pro for WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.