Results not clickable when magnifier icon isn't selected

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results not clickable when magnifier icon isn't selected

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CardGameWebsite
    CardGameWebsite
    Participant

I’m building a card game reference website, and this plugin and the integrations with Polylang have been incredible. I just wanted to start by thanking you for creating it!

On to my questions:

1. I would prefer a very clean interface for my website. I used the settings to hide the magnifier icon when hovering over the search results, but it makes the results no longer clickable. Is there a simple way to achieve an overlay with only a hover animation (fade, with no magnifier) and still have the links function?

2. Can I set the results to display in a very specific size in pixels? (357×500) This is the ratio for my cards, and I currently have the effect achieved using ratios and estimates, but it would be nice for it to be a little more accurate.

3. I love the way the results appear on the page and would be interested in replacing the native portfolio category pages with prefilled searches by ASP. Is it possible to have a prefilled search with no search bar or options (results only, without having the user input anything)? I tried using the shortcode to only show results, but couldn’t get it to display anything on the front end.

4. Could the reset button be moved to its own line, and preferably be centered?

5. This last question dives into more “hypothetical” customization, but would it be possible to use images (card types in my case) as clickable search filters using your plugin? (IE: 7 card types displayed, and when clicked, filters the results based on that card type.)

I appreciate any help you’re able to give. I really do enjoy using this plugin, as I’ve tried a few other paid search options, and none of them compare to customization, features, and ease of use as ASP does. I know someone else mentioned conditional search result settings, and I would like to express interest in that feature as well when you’re able to include it.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words!

1. It looks like it is a bug within the recent release. Can you please try switching to one of the legacy scripts, it should temporarily fix the problem.

2. Well, the item sizes adopt to the width of the container, as well as the column count. You could try a custom CSS code to force specific size to the elements:

.asp_isotopic_item {
        width: 300px !important;
        height: 200px !important;
    }

However this may not play well with the isotope script, the columns may break line etc..

3. Try the auto-populate feature.

4. It depends on the exact layout. Can you please send a link to the page where the setup is visible, I might be able to suggest some custom CSS code.

5. Theoretically everything is possible, however I am not sure how complicated this would be. You can make changes to the filters layout via the filters templating feature. However I only recommend experimenting with that, if you have enough spare time and experience with coding.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.