Results page not clickable

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results page not clickable

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    EmilyBowens
    EmilyBowens
    Participant

Hi, I have set up Ajex Search Pro on a clients real estate website. The plugin is filtering my custom posts with no problems, but the search results are not clickable. There are no error messages. The post are clickable before I filter them.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

It looks like, that Elementor fails to initialize for some reason, even though the hooks are triggered by the search. So after the search, some event handlers are not re-attached they should be.

Can you please add temporary FTP and administrator access? I would like to debug the related lines of code step-by-step. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EmilyBowens
    EmilyBowens
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I noticed, that you are using an Elementor customization plugin, and unfortunately that is causing the issue. I have constructed a custom code to bypass that issue and placed it to the functions.php file in your theme directory:

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_add_footer_script', 9999);
    function asp_add_footer_script() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    	(function($){
    		$(".asp_main_container").on("asp_elementor_results", function() { 
    			$('*[data-wts-url]').forEach(function(el){
    				elementorFrontend.hooks.doAction("frontend/element_ready/global", jQuery(el))
    			});
    		});
    	}(WPD.dom));
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }

That will resolve the issue. However, plase keep a copy of this code, as it may get overwritten on theme updates.

Also, please note, that I can not guarantee this code to work in all cases. 3rd party elementor plugins may not work correctly in combination with the live filters, we can not guarantee that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EmilyBowens
    EmilyBowens
    Participant

Thanks for your help Ernest. It works perfectly!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.