Search bar to results page with filters ACF

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search bar to results page with filters ACF

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrwebmarketing18
    mrwebmarketing18
    Participant

On this website, I have a search box ONLY in the header of the homepage. I want to take users to a Results page that displays the results but also shows the Search box and 2 ACF field custom FILTERS

e.g

Search for lesson plan by keyword…. go to results page.
    Filter results by Grade and/or Subject

1. How do I display ONLY the search bar on the homepage (see site) & the search bar and filters on the Results page please?
    2. OR do I display the search bar and filters on the homepage but when they press Submit, it takes them to a Results page?

Have spent many many hours trying to do this.

HELP!

Brad 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the detials, it helps a lot!

I think the best and easiest solution is to simply make the search with the filters, place it on both locations. Then, with this custom CSS you can force to hide the settins on the home page, but nowhere else:

.page-id-396 .asp_ss {
       display: none !important;
    }

That should do the trick 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mrwebmarketing18
    mrwebmarketing18
    Participant

Hi

That page id, does it relate to a specific page? I’m trying it on a different page and no go – /home22. It still shows the drop downs when inserted into the search page.

Cheers 🙂

Brad

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – that custom CSS is specific to a page. It basically forces to hide the filters on that page only – but allows any other. I deducted the id from the actual front page. If the home page is going to be the page /home22, then the ID is different:

.page-id-6685 .asp_ss {
       display: none !important;
    }

That will work for the home22 page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.