Search bar – user focus preview list.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search bar – user focus preview list.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    itsjonesyy70
    itsjonesyy70
    Participant

Hi,

I opened a ticket a couple of months back about the search bar opening the preview results when the user focuses (without having to type anything).

It works well but I am wondering if there is a setting / simple approach to have a preview horizontal list appended , before the main vertical list is shown when the user enters their query?

Please see attachment – the site has appended a small shortcut menu under the search bar when the user focuses. So they can choose to click a category or enter their search query.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean like showing “suggestion” when focusing the input field – then the user can click on them to initiate the search?
    I’m afraid there is no simple way of doing that, as there is no such option within the search. The only possibility is custom coding.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

itsjonesyy70
    itsjonesyy70
    Participant

Less complex than that – a few fixed values (for my product categories) that appear when the input field is focused. They will be hyperlinked. There’ll be no smart suggestion or search initiation involved.

Would that still take a lot of effort to create?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by itsjonesyy70 itsjonesyy70.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

In that case probably not, but it needs to be still custom coded. A container which contains the items, script to handle the container display on focus/blur events, and a script to initiate the search when the links are clicked. It should not be too difficult, a decent developer should be able to handle it within hours or even less.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.