Search by bbp forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xenocast91
    xenocast91
    Participant

Hello, I followed the KB article referenced below. What I want to do is search by a forum category (Parent) and all of the forums that are under that parent category.
    I don’t want the user to have a dropdown selection. So what I tried is doing it as
    Type: Hidden and in the Hidden values I first tried adding the forum id for the parent category but that didn’t work. I then tried adding multiple forum ids separated by a comma. That didn’t work so I tried multiple forum ids one per line but that also didn’t work. For the operator I tried EQUALS and LIKE

https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/bbpress-filtering-topics-and-replies-by-forums-custom-field-based/

Please advise.
    Regards,
    Paul

xenocast91
    xenocast91
    Participant

not sure if my screenshot went through

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, the hidden filter is treated as a single unit, single value, so it is not possible to add multiple values to it. You can however add multiple hidden filters, each with the separate forum IDs.
    Then set the custom fields logic to OR here: https://i.imgur.com/hWu73vZ.png
    In theory, if the IDs are correct, this could work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

xenocast91
    xenocast91
    Participant

Thank you for the quick reply. Great job with this tool.
    Regards,
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.