Search by status not returning all results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search by status not returning all results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #37323
    lukertweek
    lukertweek
    Participant

    Hello, I am using the Ajax Search Pro plugin on this page https://www.thompsonyates.co.uk/properties/ it has been working fine up until recently. I can’t give you a specific date but it became apparent to the client last week that when selecting ‘filter by status’ not all the properties (posts) are being displayed in the results.

    It was working perfectly as I say but suddenly it isn’t working. No new plugins have been installed since this problem began. The site/plugins/wordpress/theme etc have been updated so everything is up to date etc but the issue doesn’t seem to be linked to anything that has happened with the site updates etc so far as I can see. I have tried everything you suggest in your support pages before raising this ticket.

    I renewed my support package so I hope you can help. Many thanks

    #37331
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

    I checekd the configuration, and I can see a few exclusions by tags and other taxonomies as well under the Advanced options: https://i.imgur.com/5vwmJvZ.png
    When I tried the filters, the items missing seemed to be belonging to those tags excluded. If you remove the unwanted exclusions, it should very likely resovle the issue.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #37436
    lukertweek
    lukertweek
    Participant

    Hi Ernest,
    Thank you kindly for the support response. You were correct in that it was these exclusions that were the culprit. Everything was working as it should be. It’s just that the client inadvertantly tagged posts with these excluded tags without being aware. They were set up a number of years ago and I had not had to do anything in Ajax Search pro since then so I got completely lost looking for a bug and not spotting the obvious which you kindly pointed out.

    Many thanks for your help,
    David

    #37439
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    You are very welcome, no problem at all. There are many many options on the plugin backend, it is very easy to forget to check some of them – it often happens to me as well.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.