Search differences

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aishak28
    Aishak28
    Participant

Hi,

it is possible to setup/modify Ajax search PRO to work in all these cases?

I have a custom post type “product” (im not using woocommerce, just my custom post type). Product is named like “Car S 20”.
    I need to get this result even I use “Car S 20” and “Car S20”. I get this result only when I type “Car S 20”.

It is not possible to rename product to “Car S20” which works with search words “Car S 20” and also with “Car S20”.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe the best possible resolution would be to add the “S20” as an additional keyword.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Aishak28
    Aishak28
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

It looks good, but is there also some automatic solution? I have about 1000 products like this and I don’t want to edit one by one ;).

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid no, that would have to be custom coded somehow depending on the case. It should not be too difficult – maybe checking the word lenghts and merge the 1-2 character words.
    Those additional keywords are stored within the “_asp_additional_tags” meta field. If you decided to go for a programmatical solution, you can put the keywords there (space separated).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.