Search Field Issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bear
    bear
    Participant

I understand that you do not provide support for customization. I am asking for support to help me understand what insight you might be able to offer on an approach to fixing this issue. I have purchased continued support for your product (which I love by the way) just to seek support on this issue. So, any efforts would be greatly appreciated.

An update of the plugin, or perhaps the underlying theme, has caused my search field to break — I’m trying to determine which.
    I have tweaked every single setting in the Ajax Search Pro Plugin available to no avail.
    The problem occurs in the display of the Layout Options and Theme & Styling. The “Search Box” margins (or padding?) have changed such that the text “Search here…” is offset. Additionally, the “Magnifier” and the “Loading Icon” are not loading properly. (Both should be justified right but appear to be loading on the left and somehow in the background?)
    Yes, things work if I use a theme with no customization.
    I am not aware of any error messages.

I have included a screenshot of my site as it looks on iMac Ventura 3.2.1 / Safari 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6).
    I have also included a screenshot of the preview window, which shows the field as I have designed, rendered perfectly.

Finally, I’d rather not provide any credentials at this stage. Let me know if you feel it necessary to help you on your end.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

The issue seems to be the actual widget container for the search bar. In the actual front-end source I am seeing additional HTML tags injected into the search bar (paragraphs and line breaks), which cause the “padding” of the input field. It happens if a text based widget is used for the plugin container, as it treats the plugin code as text, and automatically appends the paragraphs.

To solve this, change the Visual Composer widget from Text to either HTML or a shortcode widget and place the plugin shortcode there – it will resolve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bear
    bear
    Participant

Genius! The solution worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Frank

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.