Search form initial display issue

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search form initial display issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webserv
    webserv
    Participant

Hi and thanks for a super plugin, we love it apart from one smaller display issue which I hope is easy to fix.

Wer currently use the search form only on home page. When it loads it stretches 100% until start scrolling down. I have spend a considerable amount of time trying the different settings and cold not find the right topic in your forum. Cold you please have a look and let me know what is causing this?

I have also disabled plugins this did not seem to help. See link for screenshots of 2 browser I use. http://imgur.com/a/VWbCl

Any feedback is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words!

The issue is the incorrect letter spacing setting on the container element. The search adopts the width of it’s container, which changes it’s width because of the letter spacing. Initially the container letter spacing is “1em”, which changes to “0.2em” by a script (from the theme I suppose?).
    I’m not sure if this is intended, you might need to ask the theme author about it.

Anyways, to fix the problem, just use the following custom CSS rule:

.headline__primary {
        letter-spacing: 0.2em !important;
    }

This will force an initial “0.2em” letter spacing, thus the width will be correct on page load. Additionally, I have noticed that the placeholder line height is also overwritten by a 3rd party style, causing it to shift upwards a few pixels. Use this rule to fix that as well:

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*="ajaxsearchpro1_"] .probox .proinput input.orig::-moz-placeholder {
        line-height: 34px !important;
    }

Make sure to clear your site cache (if you use any) after adding these custom CSS rules to see the effect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

webserv
    webserv
    Participant

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and you have gone beyond your duty, which is rare to see. Love you work:)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome, I’m glad it helped!

If you like the plugin, feel free to rate it on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

I will close this thread and mark it as resolved. If you need help with anything else, feel free to open another ticket.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search form initial display issue’ is closed to new replies.