Search hangs session

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sierrapat
    sierrapat
    Participant

This is a development site. To view at fa.augustcorp.com, you must enter the site password, “aardvark”.

I installed the Lite plugin first and it worked OK. Based on that, I purchased the Pro plugin. After removing the Lite plugin, I installed the Pro plugin. There are no other search related plugins installed.

After creating a page and inserting the shortcode [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=2], when attempting to display the page, it hangs and times out with the following error:

Service Unavailable.
    Technical description:
    504 Gateway Time-out – The web server is not responding

I have tried with two different forms to no avail.

sierrapat
    sierrapat
    Participant

2nd question: Are you open for custom work on this plugin? You back end is great as is, but there are two functions that would give me the killer app, and I would be willing to compensate.

1. Saving search phrase statistics in order to present a list of searchs words or phrases with the number of requests made over a period of time
    2. The ability to save search results of certain (ie, the top 10% of requests) queries, and then drag-and-drop re-order those results and save the set. When a subsequent user searches for the “predefined” search, he gets the saved query instead a dynamically generated search set.

The site in question above is a large content site where the owner wants to act as “concierge” or “curator” in guiding users to the most relevant documents through searches. There are several different post types, and he would like the results displayed in groups, ie, Articles, Videos, Audio, Products, FAQ.

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This is a definitely interesting issue, I will look into this in minutes. Thank you for the detailed description and the login details.

As for the custom work I unfortunately cannot accept it, I have so much work ahead of me (2 new products, new search version with fulltext search), but thank you for your offer!

PS.: I’m currently moving this site and the demo sites to a europe server, so you might experience downtimes in the next 24 hours or so, apologies for that. (in the last couple of weeks the demo sites were offline for too many hours…)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sierrapat
    sierrapat
    Participant

Should mention that the Widget also just spins and doesn’t return any results.

The theme used here is PageLines, which is a complex yet stable platform. Since the LITE version of your plugin seemed to work, I would not think that it is a theme conflict. Just my thoughts…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Are the ftp details ok? It says, that the username/password combo is incorrect.

Altough I’m not sure what the problem is yet, the server responds really, really slowly. Sometimes it doesn’t even load. The error 504 refers to web server issues. (I had experienced same issues)

A few minutes ago I got search results from the widget in a few seconds, after reloading I had to wait for a minute to get results, now it does not even load. (I’m getting 403 error right now)

I did some research, and wp experts say, that 10-15 plugins activated simultaniously can cause such issues, but I think there is something wrong with the service provider right now.

As a first step I would deactivate all the plugins and activate them one by one (starting with ajax search pro) to see how the plugins are related to server issues. If you cannot access your site, there is a way to deactivate them from mysql, by running the following sql statement on the database:

UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = '' WHERE option_name = 'active_plugins';

After I can connect to ftp, I will put a “return” statement to the ajax search plugin main file’s first line, to see if this is indeed caused by the search engine.

Try to get in touch with the service provider in the meantime, maybe they are having issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Right now the widget and the site works at lightning speed 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sierrapat
    sierrapat
    Participant

Sorry about FTP. The login name is [email protected] -the password was/is correct.

sierrapat
    sierrapat
    Participant

It is odd that I tried widget and page in Chrome and in Safari, and both worked. Firefox does not. But, to display results, I had to click the search icon. In other words, Ajax did not display results automatically. The keyword phrase I am using is “sustainable development”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry for the late answer, I was out off the office for a few days. I just checked on firefox and it works for me fine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Search hangs session’ is closed to new replies.