Search not finding all items

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search not finding all items

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zoccolo
    zoccolo
    Participant

I have a general question;
    on this site I’ve tried everything to get the AJAX SEARCH PRO plugin to find all needed content, but it’s just missing some items.

*example moved to private reply*

Can you tell me what can be the cause of this? I’ve already done a complete reindexing of the site. It has index 800k+ words.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    best regards,

Marco

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by zoccolo zoccolo.
    zoccolo
    zoccolo
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

That item does not seem to be returned to any specific search phrase, even it’s full title, in which case it should be the first results. I am guessing, that it is either not indexed or excluded in some way.

Can you please check:
    – If the correct custom post types are selected under the index table, as well as the search instance options panel
    – If there are any exclusions (category, tag, user, date etc..) – the item might be excluded via these
    – If anything is changed, then don’t forget to re-index

If this does not work, then can you please add temporary back-end access? I would like to check the overall plugin configuration. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zoccolo
    zoccolo
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the details, I have found the issue.
    The search logic was set to ‘OR’, which is a pretty loose word logic, and the relevance of different results, matching either of the words was higher. I have changed it like this: https://i.imgur.com/LNC2OoW.png

Now, the results should be much more relevant and strict to the term, and better calculated by relevance and occurence.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zoccolo
    zoccolo
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Okay, the problem is, that there are a lot of matches matching ‘Jaco van Hoorn’ as a result. I have re-indexed the index table, and enabled the author matching as well for better relevance.
    I have also made a bit of change to the configuration like so, so that exact matching is evaluated first. There are still lot of results, so I increased the results limit, and also enabled the ‘more results’ loader feature. Now it will be in the list for sure. You can change these back of course, if you want to. I believe this might be the closest possible configuration to your needs.

If you prefer displaying some results over others, you can do that, by using the result priority and priority groups feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.