Search not showing on frontend of site anymore

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search not showing on frontend of site anymore

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ampersand04
    ampersand04
    Participant

Hello. I reached out on CodeCanyon. Our search button stopped working on our client’s website. I cloned the site and deactivated everything except for your plugin and it still will not show on the frontend. It does show and function perfectly using the Preview in plugin settings. I’m using the compact layout that floats at the right edge of the browser. Hoping you can find out what is causing the issues. Thanks.

By the way, I don’t have any FTP credentials for this client. I can add a file manager plugin to the site which will give FTP access that way if need be.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details!

I logged in to check everything, the settings seem to be just fine. However I noticed that the search shortcode is not used anywhere on the site frontend, and that is causing the issue.
    You need to place the shortcode somewhere for it to show. Since you are using the compact box layout, I suggest the site footer, it is usually a great place the plugin to get to the floating fixed position.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ampersand04
    ampersand04
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. It worked just great for over 4 months as is with no shortcode, but now that I’ve added it to the footer, there it is! Thanks!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.