Search on product attribute, no results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search on product attribute, no results page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dkalantzis79 dkalantzis79 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant

I have checked the documentation did all as i should. I have a specific attribute Συγγραφέας (Greek for Author). I am searching, pressing enter and i get redirected to homepage. Note : i checked all javascript options, it should be an issue there. BTW latest versions WordPress + WC. Any help?

dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant

BTW Search works when searching for products, when i search for an attribute i get live results, but when i click on one of the results i get redirected on homepage,

dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

I see a few issues in your configuration. One, is that the redirection is set to a custom URL, but it seems to be copied incorrectly. The custom URL, you want is exactly the same as choosing to redirect to the WooCommerce results page, so I recommend using that instead.

Secondly, I’m not sure, if you don’t want products as results, but currently, the products custom post type is not selected.

The issue with the product attributes as search results is actually not an issue, that is unfortunately the correct product attribute link, that WordPress returns via get_term_link(..) calls. The one you want, is some sort of a pre-defined filter trigger to the shop page. It could be possible to construct that via custom code, but I am not sure how to request that URI scheme, or where it comes from.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant

If you search for example saad simon, i get the live result, but the redirection its not working.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I understand, but that is not an issue with this plugin. The archive page structure or the permalink structure is not set correctly, if you get that page. The plugin only returns the URL that is provided by WordPress, it does not do anything to it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant

Yeah, i created a new instance and indeed there is something wrong with the permalinks. Settings are the same, but for some reason they dont work. Thank you for your time, i will recreate the site and check. I have build a C# Woocommerce POS system, that uses REST API and i feed products and attributes etc. Anyway thank you for your time.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dkalantzis79
    dkalantzis79
    Participant

Solved! In case that comes up again. It’s not the plug in issue. Apparently on wordpress/woocommerce, if the Attribute slug is in Greek Language (Apparently for other other ones as well), breaks the permalinks, as soon as i changed the ONLY the slug in english, works like a charm. BTW great plug in, saved me a lot of pain. I am building a bookstore and searching only for the Author name with this plug in was great, having 40000 authors, filtering would never work. Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.