Search page result opened on wrong site after migrating to site network

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search page result opened on wrong site after migrating to site network

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello
    I migrated my setup from single site to a wordpress network.
    The main site (the first one) is running a woocommerce and the search bar was placed several years ago on this site.
    I don’t know why but after my migration it seems that the result page is not opened on the main site but the third one (jouets-ethiques.ch) that is currently not online and redirected to the first one… it makes some mess in the url and give a really bad result display.
    Actually the main site is on production so I can’t make test such like switching off other plugins… but may be you have an idea how to quickly fix my issue ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks all right on my end, it seem to redirect correctly. Try clearing your site cache, to make sure everything is correct, it should resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello
    Thanks for the answer.
    Which cache are you talking about ?
    It seems to work for some search terms but not for all…
    in example you search “Bambo” or “haba” it works
    but if you search “Pingo” or “bocoton” it doesn’t work…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I mean all of your site cache, every cache you have active – plugins, CDN everything.
    The search redirects to the correct URL, it is okay – the assets on those results pages are loaded from the wrong theme directory. For example when I search “Bambo” the script and the CSS files are okay. For example: https://babygreen.ch/wp-content/themes/organic_natural/js/hoverIntent.js?ver=20130729 -> This is correct
    When searching “Pingo” some assets are loaded from the wrong theme directory. For example:
    https://babygreen.ch/wp-content/themes/twentytwentyone/js/hoverIntent.js?ver=20130729 -> this is incorrect

These URI issues are completely unrelated to the plugin (it cannot change them), the issue is very likely the cache trying to serve a page, where the other theme was still activated. Once it is cleared and everything set correctly, it will be resolved.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello
    Thanks for your support… actually I already have disabled all server-side caching… so it was not this. On a dev plateform I was able to reproduce the problem and finally found that the problem was caused by an old plugin when it was activated on the network (smart report). Pfff… I did not imagine that just one reporting plugin could cause such strange effect on the site.
    Anyway thanks for your help and have a nice evening.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.