Search Pro Setting Questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Pro Setting Questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TeamCada
    TeamCada
    Participant

SFTP access above

!. Search Box: I can’t seem to put multiple words in it.

3. Custom Fields Issue on ‘diamond’ search, page 2, pulling all of the boxes in from the Contact Us page only when you go to the search page not the Ajax drop down that pull the custom field data like expected. So for example if you type diamond and then press enter the page it take you to pulls in the contact page content from the WP backend first instead of the custom filed content first.

4. Homepage Yo issue – I used ‘paper’ as a search term and it shows up in the ‘vertical’ search results (dropdown from the search field), and then on the actual search page. I have not idea where this is coming from .

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

3. That can not be affected by the plugin unfortuantely, that is a theme feature. The content is requested and printed by the theme. Usually they display the excerpt and the content fields.

4. Some part of the page contains this keyword – very likely only in the databse (it can be a custom field etc..). If you don’t want that as a result, you can of course exclude it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

TeamCada
    TeamCada
    Participant

Thank you!

Do you know why we can only enter one word in the search box?

1. Search Box: I can’t seem to put multiple words in it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

1. Sorry, I forgot this one. It is caused by this script: https://diamondchain.com/wp-content/themes/TheDiamondChainCompany/assets/js/foundation.js?ver=6.2
    There is an event listener for the “keydown” event which cancels the “space” key. The best solution would be to remove or edit that conflicting code, as it is directly casuing the issue.

You can also try a custom code to prevent that, although I can not promise it will work.

Try adding this code to the functions.php file in your theme/child theme directory – make sure to have a full server back-up first for safety. For more details you can check the safe coding guidelines.

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_add_footer_script', 99999);
    function asp_add_footer_script() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    	(function($){
    		setTimeout(function(){
    			$('li.menu-item').off('keydown');
    		}, 200);
    	}(jQuery))
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

TeamCada
    TeamCada
    Participant

That worked, thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.