Search Query Limitation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RobotFaults
    RobotFaults
    Participant

I would like to know if there is a setting in which to fix this noticed issue.

If you search srvo 050 it brings up the correct content – Should be collision detect alarm

However,

If you search srvo50 it does not yield any results.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is the keyword “srvo50” actually within any of the posts which should match? If that word does not exist in any of the posts, there is no way to match it.

If you want, you can either add additional keywords for each post on the editor screen. (if no visible, you can enalbe that meta box here)
    Alternatively, if you want these keywords globally, you can also use the synonyms feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RobotFaults
    RobotFaults
    Participant

Thanks for this information. Would it be possible to create some logic to achieve this as well. For example, if I know that some codes have a prefix of 0 (e.g. srvo050) then it would automatically pull up through the logic?

https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/behavior/search-logic/search-logics-explained

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortunately no, this is more of a linguistics issue, different logic will not help. The only way for now is either via the additional keywords or the synonyms feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RobotFaults
    RobotFaults
    Participant

Ernest,

The problem I can see happening is that there are many codes that preface 0 (or contain 0 after the alpha text). So say you have 10,000 posts – I would say the synonym would be the best option. With that being said, can a wildcard be added within the synonym?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

In that case synonyms is the best of all choices for sure. However wildcards are not supported there.

I just updated the knowledge base with more documentation about index table related hooks here. Those let you access the keywords, fields etc.. before they are indexed. If you are into custom coding, then using the asp_indexing_keywords could help you out. That is basically the keywords array for each post iteration before they are counted and sent to the database. Maybe you can try programming a custom function to manipulate them, or to add more based on your criteria.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.