Search Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    paulgee98
    paulgee98
    Participant

Here are my questions:
    1. How do I replace my current search results with Ajax’s Search Results. I would like to have to have the Ajax Search Results in the main search results window instead of the default theme search results, since it doesn’t support taxonomies like yours does. And I’d like to see just that taxonomies results in the results list instead of it always being based off of all tags.

2. Do I need to disable my Relevanssi Search Plugin? I am wondering if it can be used side by side with this plugin or not.

3. How do I disable the live results popping open even when nothing is searched. Right now if I simply click in the search window, it brings generic results. This I want to disable. I only want live results to display when I start typing.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. In that case, you are looking for the search override feature. It’s worth noting, that some themes might not support this – when there is a custom query executed within the theme files, the plugin won’t be able to replace the results with it’s own.

2. You can use both, if you want to. When Relevanssi is active, the search results on the results page will be coming from Relevanssi, and the live results in the drop-down list will be unaffected.

3. By increasing the minimum character cound to trigger the search to 1 or more: https://i.imgur.com/qXoplTz.png
    That should do the trick.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.