Search refers to empty URL links

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search refers to empty URL links

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AnetaHam
    AnetaHam
    Participant

Hello,

We use Ajax Search Pro for WooCommerce products.

The issue we are not able to solve is that we get an “empty URL links” in the search. For example, we would like to search for the book “Sense and Sensibility”, the search results we get are not only the books with this title but also two lines with the product name appear. When one of these lines is clicked on, the link refers us back to the homepage (rsp. to an non-existent link – please see the attachments).

This does not happen with all the products, only those we performed the search recently. The search statistics are disabled and the cache was cleared yesterday. However, it does seem to happen with all the product attributes (ISBN, authors, publishers, etc.).

Could you please advise how to get rid of these “empty URL links” in the search results?

Thanks a lot!
    Aneta

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Based on the URL, it appears that those are taxonomy term results from the pa_isbn taxonomy.

I suppose you want to search ISBN, but not to return as results. On the General Options -> Sources 2 panel under the Return taxonomy terms as results make sure that nothing is selected: https://i.imgur.com/ZEIa2VB.png

That option is to use if you want to return those taxonomy terms as results. You already have the Search in terms? option enabled, so these fields are searched as well when looking for products.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

AnetaHam
    AnetaHam
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks a lot for the super fast and most helpful reply.

It is working great now!

BR,
    Aneta

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search refers to empty URL links’ is closed to new replies.