search results help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Healey
    Aaron Healey
    Participant

Hi,

Got a question if you go here your see i have the Shows on the Right in the content area:

http://www.bricklanemusichall.co.uk/new/shows/ – now when i do a search how do i setup a ajax feature where those items change on the right to the relevant ones inside the “Category checkbox” that the customers choose? using same style as i have there already.

Thanks
    Aaron

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately that is not possible like that. The plugin cannot affect the items on that page, they are printed via the active theme.

The closest you can get is if you put the results shortcode to the right side of the page instead of the elements, and perhaps use the isotopic layout. If you need items to be displayed by default, you can enable the auto populate feature as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Aaron Healey
    Aaron Healey
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I will give this a go and see what Happens.

Thanks
    Aaron.

Aaron Healey
    Aaron Healey
    Participant

Hi Ernest, i am doing it so Filters by Custom Post Type: Events, and all of those categories are checked by default is there a way to only have 1 checked on page load?

Thanks
    Aaron

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Yes it is possible. The default state of the custom post type selectors is determined whether they are choosen on the General Options -> Sources panel.
    For example, if you turn off the “Search in Posts” option on the General Options -> Sources panel and choose to display the “Search in posts” filter on the Frontend Search settings -> Custom post types panel, it will be unchecked by default.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.