Search Results link paths

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

Hi:

We’re finding problems with paths in the search results taking visitors to 404 pages.

Example: Go to http://adventuresinthumbholes.com and search on the word gum. You will see posts and the links all go to the correct pages. Now do that same search on http://adventuresinthumbholes.com/smallchange (multisite). The same 3 posts are found but the paths are using the /smallchange site rather than the proper /blog site

This issue happens in both sites so that all links are input as though the posts/pages were on the site you are searching from. Searching on the main blog site for Molte has post paths correct but the partners page which is a part of the smallchange site is wrong.

Is there another setting I need to get fixed to correct this? Also would doing an indexing help?

By the way, the login and ftp I provided to you for my previous ticket are still in place if you need to go in and look around again.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy,

This one actually took me a while to figure out. The URLs should have been corrected by the plugin automatically after the search, yet for some reason it was not happening.
    I’ve logged in via FTP and investigated step-by-step to find what’s causing the missing replacements. After a while I concluded that it is related to how the Genesis theme is printing the post type links. The expected filters were not executed in some cases, causing the malfunction.
    I have found a possilbe solution which I implemented directly to the search plugin. I’m going to add this solution to the upcoming release, so a potential plugin upgrade won’t revert it back.

It should be working as expected now 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

Thank you so much for sorting that out. It looks good now. I’ll have Erin test as well.

Nancy

ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

Erin finally got a chance to test it out and she reports that all is good. She asked me to thank you for your great support and assistance!

Nancy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Search Results link paths’ is closed to new replies.