Search Results Template & Placement

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results Template & Placement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chrismgporter01
    chrismgporter01
    Participant

I have purchased and tried about 5 ajax search plugins. Here is what I need to make happen, and I’m hoping you can help.

I have a landing page with a search input and a container. On load the container holds the results of a query of the author’s posts (custom post type). I want the search input to run an ajax search and the results replace the content within the existing container. Also, I want to build out the template that the results display in so that they match the original design.

Currently all ajax plugins display simple results in a popup under the search input. I don’t want this. I want the results to be placed into the existing container. Can your plugin do this? I have 1.5 days to make this site work as intended, so I’m on a tight deadline.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, there are two ways this could be doable:
    – If the container you need to replace the results in is the loop on the actual search results page, then it can be doable via the results page live loader feature.
    – On random pages the Elementor Pro Posts and Products widgets are supported for live loading.

Otherwise the results have to be displayed within the plugins own results container. That can be moved via the results shortcode to a different location, if needed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

chrismgporter01
    chrismgporter01
    Participant

Surely we can figure this out. A simple modification of the JS thats putting the results into the current container would resolve it. If you can point me in the right direction I can change the JS selector.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can do that with the results shortcode. Wherever you place that shortcode, the plugin will output the results HTML there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.