Search Results – Using Post Archive

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results – Using Post Archive

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tab
    tab
    Participant

Hi team,

I’ve just purchased your plugin today and I’m trying to do a few things with it that I can’t figure out even after looking through your KnowledgeBase:

Search Results – using post archive instead of hover/block:
    1) Is there a way to have the matching search Results replace the original listing on a post archive template? I’m using a custom theme, and do not have Elementor.

Search Results – using hover/block:
    2a) Failing the above, is there a way to have the Results block visible at all times, to show everything? I.e. on load, search results shows everything, and on search/filter, it narrows down.

2b) One of the custom post metas is an ACF field which accepts multiple values. How do I loop through these when they appear in the search results? In my template, I’m using a loop to replace each value with an image and would like to do the same within the results as well.

2c) I’d like to add additional pieces of information to the results listing, beyond primary and secondary and change the position of them. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. That is not possible unfortunately, only the search results archive works that way.

2a. Yes, you can use the auto-populate feature. However I do not recommend displaying everything all at once, that can slow down the client browser due to the amount of inrormation. Mabye 25-50 items at once is a good option.

2b. You can use the asp_results filter hook. That lets you loop thorugh the results. For example.

2c. The advanced title and content fields allow you adding additional custom field content, or taxonomy terms. For more complex cases, you can use the previous filter.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tab
    tab
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!

I’ve managed to get the search to redirect to the Search Results archive, however, the search results don’t update if the query changes. Any idea what’s happening there? The initial search works, but once on the results page, no other query gets recognised.

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.