Search Results via Category & Checkboxes

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results via Category & Checkboxes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braino65
    braino65
    Participant

Hi there. I need help with the settings on my website. When you check it currently you will see that the autoresults is working great but there are some details I need help with.

1. Display search results in category-headlines. Currently most of the time the search results get displayed below the term “weitere treffer” meaning :”more results”. But what I am trying to achieve is that for my 4 different categories 3 results get displayed below each category individually. so the search results would look like this:

category 1
    — results 1 for category 1
    — results 2 for category 1
    — results 3 for category 1
    category 2
    — results 1 for category 2
    — results 2 for category 2
    — results 3 for category 2
    category 3
    — results 1 for category 3
    — results 2 for category 3
    — results 3 for category 3
    category 4
    — results 1 for category 4
    — results 2 for category 4
    — results 3 for category 4

2. Filter Functions like on your demo site on the top here https://ajaxsearchpro.com/ –> on the left side there is an icon and when you press it a dropdown appears with more filter functions. this would be immensely helpful.

3. auto load more results on scroll down
    When you scroll down at https://ajaxsearchpro.com/ to the headline “Wide Content Support” you will see that the search results auto-load on scrolling. i would like to have this as well.

Can you please help me out here. I really appreciate all the help you are giving me

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. In that case, I suspect you want to restrict the results to that 4 specific categories only? You can do that, via these options

2. This is that option here: https://i.imgur.com/2eVAgSi.png

3. That is the load more infinite scroll feature – however it does not work in combination with grouped results unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

braino65
    braino65
    Participant

Hi and thank you for your reply. I managed to do some of the things:

I managed to add filter options and it works great so this is nice. But how do I remove the “search” button that is currently being displayed within the settings-area? You can check it out on live right now.

Also: If I remove a cpt from the index, is it possible to just “update” the index or will i have to reindex everything then?

Regarding #1: Not precicely, I am looking to display the results within each category-headline and only display 4 results for each group so 1 group won’t be too long in comparison to the other groups

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can turn off the search button here.

The index updates automatically when a relevant post is created or removed, you don’t have to worry about that.

#1 – I’m afraid that is not possible. The grouping is done after the matching, so there is no way to limit the results beforehand to numbers based on category.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.