Search returning too many results or results don't match.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search returning too many results or results don't match.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    proweb.services08
    proweb.services08
    Participant

Hi, I’m hoping you may be able to provide some insight into a search instance we are trying to set up.

We have a search set up just to search the blog posts and have tried various instances of the search settings but it always returns results that are outside the term searched for, see:

https://www.montgomeryhomes.com.au/building-tips-search/

The Ajax Search Pro we are working on is “Mont Blog Search” – see screen grab attached.

EG: If we search for “Blaze” we get 27 results which is too many – see screen grab.

Advice on the correct set up would be very much appreciated.

NB: We have country blocking in place to access the site so please advise which country you are accessing from.

Thanks,

Peter Scott

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

At first, I would recommend using a more strict keyword logic (AND with exact keyword matches). Also, make sure to only select field, which you need to search within – title, content etc..
    Also, using the index table engine can greatly improve the performance as well as the accuracy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.