Search speed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Tran
    Peter Tran
    Participant

Hello
    This is luckytiger21 from Envato. The search speed is very slow. Could you check my site and plugin setting?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the proper details!

After some experimenting I have found the cause of the issue. By default the plugin tries to display the description in “context” of the keyword – meaning, if the search phrase is found somewhere in the description, it will display the surrounding words, instead of the beginning of the content.

When I turned off this option, the search started working normally again, although I don’t know why to be honest with you. There is definitely a bug in the function responsible for creating the “context”, but I don’t know here.

The problem is solved, I turned off that option, but I would like to investigate why is this happening exactly. If you don’t mind, can you please provide temporary FTP details, so I can change/debug the search plugin code to find the source of the problem?

To safely add the details you can edit your initial post in this thread, or upload a .txt file attachment. Both methods are safe and visible to only me and you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Peter Tran
    Peter Tran
    Participant

You can have access to my server. You can find the cPanel in there. Make sure you select the server for psychichelp247.com. Once you found the problems, please update your plugin and release the new version.
    **moved to safety

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for the information.

I have found the issue and corrected it. It was related to a multibite string iteration process. After some testing I have found the proper configuration and solution. Thank you for letting me test it on your server, it helped a lot.

I’m going to add this modification to the upcoming update as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.