- October 8, 2015 at 2:31 pm #6192
Just bought this plugin in hope that I can create a search box like the one on this site, i.e with multiple selection types and not only a search bo (https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans) Is this possible? I don´t understand where I configure the different search boxes, e.g difficulty. (as in the site). I guess I also tag my post with the search options.
Please help!October 9, 2015 at 10:41 am #6196
I’m working on releasing a video tutorial today to explain in more details the usage of the custom field selector boxes, which is probably what you are looking for.
Until then, here is a quick guide:
1. To create such complex forms, first of all you will have to create and use custom fields. If you are not familiar with them, you can read more in the wordpress codex.
In very short: Custom fields are basically data fields attached to a post or page or a custom post type (like a product, or forum topic). Each and every custom field has a name and a value. The article I linked above will explain how you can create such custom fields.
2. Once you understand how custom fields work, and you maybe created a few for testing, then you can proceed to create the search fields as seen on the TV search demo. There is a chapter in the documentation you should read through, which explains fully how you can create these fields: https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/frontend_search_settings/custom_field_selectors.html
The basic concept of this is, that you can create various items (radio buttons, checkboxes, sliding bars) for any selected custom field.
Let’s take the TV size slider as an example:
– First I created all the TV products I wanted.
– Then I opened the first one an added a custom field called “tv_screen_size” and as the value I entered 50. Screenshot.
– I repeated this process for each and every TV product I created. The screen sizes were different for some of them of course.
– Then when I was done entering the fields, I created the range slider on the search options page as following: https://i.imgur.com/w6VS65I.png
– Hit the blue SAVE button on the editor, then the Save All tabs button.
– The range slider should be now visible on the front end.
To add more and more different selectors, just repeat this process.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
October 9, 2015 at 1:01 pm #6197
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.