Search users with specific Meta fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search users with specific Meta fields

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FmStar
    FmStar
    Participant

Hello support team,

First of all, great plugin! We want to use your Ajax Search Pro plugin for searching users with specific metafields.
    However the steps in your support page don’t show the users after a hit. (General options – User Search) We are using the Member plugin Users Ultra. Registred new users will be setup as normal registered users with the siterol of a contributor.

Could this be a caching or permalink issue?

Placed the shortcode in the page in: http://acceptancetoggdib.nl/zoeken-update/ (open with Cornerstone).

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Regards Bouke

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bouke,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I believe the problem is because the editor, contributor and subscriber roles are excluded, and the users might belong to one of these groups as well: https://i.imgur.com/jbjk6yJ.png

From what I can see on your users page, almost every user belongs to the ‘editor’ role. So if you change the exclusions to not include the editor, you should start seeing user results as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

FmStar
    FmStar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m a step further now:
    http://acceptancetoggdib.nl/zoeken-update/

– I can search on users. However after clicking on a found user, you will be forwarded to the post that the user has made. But is it possible to redirect the user to the profile page from the users? For example: when you search on: “Eef” it would be great that the user will be forwarded to the (dynamic user based) url http://acceptancetoggdib.nl/muziekprofiel/eef/.

– The setup for custom fields works perfect, really nice! But can you tell me how I can change the background from the created pulldown menu’s? Must I change the css code manually for this, or is this theme based?

Thanks,
    Regards Bouke

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bouke,

– It is actually possible to change the URL scheme for the user result on the General Options -> User search panel. I have made the change for you for the desired scheme: https://i.imgur.com/4Cxoy88.png

– Of course. You can change that background color with this custom CSS:

fieldset.asp_custom_f select[multiple] {
        background: red !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

FmStar
    FmStar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Great that helped me a lot! The only 2 points I try to figur out, are why the customfields not working fine and the search loop button is going to the post section instead the manual setup login_user url for the musicprofile. Can I send the search loop button to member results aswell to post results?

About the customfields:
    It doesn’t matter what you choose, in a Checkbox or Dropdown menu. Everytime the same results comes up.
    These setup custom fields are linking to the meta_fields from the member plugin.
    Is this the right way to do? (country, blaas_instrumenten, etc) Setup a custom field the message No results 🙁 comes up.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards Bouke

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bouke,

Redirection
    You can ectually change the search button and the ‘return’ key events, on the General Options -> Logic & Behavior panel: https://i.imgur.com/BoiBx2i.png
    You can enter the custom relative url on your site, where you want it to be redirected to.

Filtering by custom fields
    I think that the problem is, that you are trying to filter User results, which is not possible. The category and custom field filters will only work with custom post type objects (like post, page, products, portfolio etc..). Users and user meta is stored very differently, and unfortunately cannot be filtered.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

FmStar
    FmStar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your reply.

The flexible options for the logic & behavior section are great!

So about the custom fields:
    – It’s possible to place a shortcode in a widget. For example like: [usersultra_user_custom_meta_info fields_list=’snaar_instrumenten,blaas_instrumenten’ within_widget=’yes’]. This shortcode is setup on a page.
    – I can try to setup this custom meta fields in the profilepage as a part of the shortcode.
    – In your video you show that custom fields (imported) from WooCommerce are working nicely. So is it someway possible to import custom fields?

Thanks
    Regards Bouke

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bouke,

The only way it would work, if there was a post type object for each user, with the same meta fields as the user object. Unfortunately the profile page is not like that. It is a page, but it’s dynamically generated based on the user that visits it. In order for the filter to work, there must be a separate page (or any custom post type) for each user, otherwise it will always return that same one exact page.

In other words the users have to be imported into custom post type objects, alongside with the meta as well. I’m not sure if that is possible, I have not tried anything similar ever, to be honest.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

FmStar
    FmStar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your reply.

– I can write the developers from the member plugin we use or it’s possible to work with Custom post Types.
    – For the correct overview I’ve setup a sketch with your explanation from above. Can you complete the explanations where necessary?
    – Is it someway possible to setup a paid project for this custom changes? (When the member plugin developers will not make any changes or a plugin is no solution).

Thanks, regards,
    Bouke

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bouke,

I believe that could be a solution, your sketch looks correct to me, a developer should understand it. Additionally, you can link this topic as well, if they need more information.

For paid projects, I recommend wpkraken.io, so far nobody has complained, and they are not freelancers, but a dedicated team for wordpress jobs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.