Search with Advanced Custom Fields.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search with Advanced Custom Fields.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kohncreative39
    kohncreative39
    Participant

Hello,
    We are adding a search function to a directory using Advanced Custom Fields. The Ajax Search Pro displays the title when searching, but the search results are blank.

Does the Ajax Search Pro work with Advanced Custom Fields?

Do we need to develop a search results page?

Can you let us know all the tabs in the Ajax Search Pro admin that relate to Advanced Custom Fields?

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

By results, do you mean the result content fields are blank? Are you using ACF to print the contents of posts or something similar? By default the plugin requests the post contents from wordpress, which ACF should integrate to. You can change those here: https://i.imgur.com/9Pmh8c8.png
    If a custom field is defined for the content, you should be able to select that there as well.
    If you are using multiple custom fields for the post contents, then using the advanced title and content fields feature might be better for your case – as there you can enter as many custom field names as you want.

The search results page cannot be controlled by the plugin (the layout), that has to be custom coded within the theme.

ACF is not separated from the regular custom fields, it integrates with them. You can choose the ACF custom fields for search on the General Options -> Sources panel, as well as use them as filters, or the upper mentioned advanced title/content fields.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kohncreative39
    kohncreative39
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The results page URL is requested from WordPress core, via the post/CPT ID. If you want to modify the results URLs, I recommend changing them on the post editor screen, so it is populated across the site.
    However you can use a custom hook via asp_results if you want to edit the result URLs on the live results list.

After the plugin redirects to a single result page, it has no control of what is displayed there, that is defined within the theme, you will have to look in the theme options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.