Search with filters without inserting anything in the search bar

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search with filters without inserting anything in the search bar

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lennspo92
    lennspo92
    Participant

Hi,

Currently, I have the search bar and 2 filters turned on: Categories & Taxonomy Terms –> for category posts and Post tags (all appeared as drop-down). I was wondering if users can just check the filters and click search which will generate a list of posts that matches the category or the tags without the need to search any names in the search bar? Right now the user has to search a name and then select a filter in order for a list to be generated.

Please see the screenshot.
    E.g. user wants to search for any post that is categorized with “Paris” (filter by location) and/or tagged with “stay” (filter by tag) without the need to write anything in the search bar. A list that applies to the filter(s) will be generated.

Thanks,
    Nat

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, that should be the default behavior. Make sure that the number of characters to trigger the search is set to 0, as well as the trigger for the facet changes is enabled as well: https://i.imgur.com/AifkNwi.png
    That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.