Search won't find results with * before or after text.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search won't find results with * before or after text.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Keymaster
2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #24782

    Hello,
    You have helped me with this issue before maybe a year or so ago. So what is going on is we have part numbers such as 37-0175 which is a nut for a motorcycle. This part has some alternate alpha-numeric numbers that are in the product descriptions but are located inside of asterisks. So the part number 37-0175 would have an alpha number number of W175.

    If you go onto the Parts section of the and search 37-0175 it pops up with the nut but if you search W175 it will not find the product.

    In the past you created a bit of code to put in to the functions file of the website. This worked great up until a few months ago when woocommerce updated it caused an issue with the printing function on the orders. When I took the code out that you gave me to fix the search issue the first time it solved the printing issue inside of the woocommerce admin. The printing issue was when you would go to print invoices from an order it would never pop-up with the notification to let you print. When I removed your code it would then start to pop-up with the print option.
    I am contacting you to see if we can find a new solution to the search issue we are having with items not popping up if they are located in asterisks.
    Pleaese let me know if there are any questions or issues.
    Thank you for your time,
    Chris

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #24797

    Hi Chris,

    Thank you for the details, the issue was very similar to the older one you had before.

    This time however I made a direct change to the plugin files, that I will include in the upcoming release. I changed the pattern of characters to check for additional words, where I added the ‘*’ character. Now searching W175 or anything within those marks should return the correct results.
    I also re-indexed the database to apply the change.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.