Searching tag name on search input bar doesn't show posts or pages with that tag

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Searching tag name on search input bar doesn't show posts or pages with that tag

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jpham
    jpham
    Participant

I read one comment that AJAX Search Pro “…will search the tags, but the results will be posts/pages, which contain the tags” before I purchased but I can’t for the life of me find where that is. I don’t want the filtered tags checkmarks because we simply have so many tags but I want the user to be able to type in the tag name in the search bar and it will display that post or page. For ex: I have a tag called “hellojenn” and user types in hellojenn on the search bar and all pages or posts with that tag show up. Please let me know how I can do that.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You can enable this feature on the General Options -> Sources panel (bottom) with the Search in Terms option: https://i.imgur.com/QF8OsrZ.png

In case you feel a performance drop after enabling that option, then there is a different way of searching terms related to posts, by configuring and using the Index table engine: https://goo.gl/ooNYPY

However if you don’t have like a million records, there should not be a significant difference 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jpham
    jpham
    Participant

I’m having a hard time finding any of these buttons because there is no overflow visible or scroll so many things are getting cut off. See attached. To see it, I had to manipulate the div.wpdreams-box and add “overflow:visible” to see all the options. Can you change that on future versions? I don’t know if non-web-developers would know how to do that. Makes it really frustrating to use because I can’t see all the options nor can I scroll to it.

The option you showed me was for regular engine. Since I’m using an index table, the only option I saw was “index post tags,” so I clicked “on” but when I type in search input box for the tag name, nothing still comes up. For ex: I have a tag called “hellojenn” and I type in hellojenn on the search bar and no pages show up even though I’ve tagged both a custom post type post and a page with “hellojenn” tag.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Whoa, the options page should not look like that at all.

It’s definitely a 3rd party plugin or a theme CSS is overriding the back-end styles. Unfortunately I cannot control that. If another plugin has a width or margin override, it is nearly impossible to predict. There is a force reset style applied to all items on the search back-end, but of course it’s not bulletproof. Some plugins just load all their scripts and stylesheets no matter what page is open, usually those cause these types of problems the most. It’s very frustrating from my side as well, as there is no way of checking and fixing issues caused by over 1 million plugins out there. I wish other developers were a bit more careful..

If you change the index table configuration, you need to re-create the index talbe then. It is not done automatically to prevent CPU over-usage. There should be a notification after the change, but I guess the stylesheet causing the previous issues overrides that as well..

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jpham
    jpham
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can you please provide temporary log-in and FTP access? I’m not able to re-create the problem on my test environments, unfortunately it works for me. I would like to debug through the search code to see if I can find anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.