Searching within BP Group Documents

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Searching within BP Group Documents

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by willem willem 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    willem
    willem
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to use AJAX Search Pro on a clients website
    as a search engine within Buddypress Group Documents.

It works great & finds everything on the site, except the content of Buddypress Group Documents..
    I would like the results be the other way around.

After trying almost every possible configuration, I turn to you for help.

Thanks,
    Willem

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is, because it is not possible unfortunately. There are options to search attachment names, titles, descriptions etc.., but it’s made for regular attachments only – no file content search.
    I’m working actively on an algorithm to allow searching attachment contents, but currently there is no reliable solution to read different PDF, doc, txt or other file contents for indexing within PHP. There are just too many file type variations, encodings and other issues to fix. Sorry about the bad news, but there is honestly nothing I can do about it right now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

willem
    willem
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, although it is bad news.. gives me time to find another solution…

I do have to ask : Is there something I can do with the file name, the category it is in
    or maybe the description given to the document ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.