Set up and Remove gap to result list

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Set up and Remove gap to result list

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by drylands drylands 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drylands
    drylands
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your plugin. Few questions, for install on https://drylands.org.au

1. I purchased your plugin and transitioning away from Smart Search YummyWP plugin.

I can display search instances as shortcode but when I switch on Compact Layout (which is one of the big selling points for me) it doesn’t display.

This works okay by disabling the Smart Search plugin, but I am hoping to have the compact layout displaying while I change over (i.e. leave Smart Search enabled).

Is there a work around, I can do?

I haven’t tried inserting as php code yet into functions.php.

2. Is there anyway to remove the gap between the Search Box and Results List?

3. Is there an option for screen overlay for non-compact layout?

Cheers, JB

drylands
    drylands
    Participant

Hi,

Forget about first question.

Managed to get it displaying, by changing z-index.

Another question though, is there any way to increase size of search icon, without using a custom icon?

Cheers, JB

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi JB,

2. While it’s automatically calculated, you can decrease it by using a custom CSS with negative to margin, such as:

.asp_r {
        margin-top: -12px !important;
    }

3. Unfortunately no, and there isn’t any custom code or bypass method to do that. The search bar would have to be in a fixed position in order to place an overlay below it. Moving static elements to fixed positions temporarily and vice versa via scripts is very problematic, at this point this is unfortunately not possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

drylands
    drylands
    Participant

Thanks Ernest,

2. Will give css a go.

3. No worries.

I am looking forward to exploring rest of ajax search pro, and setting up searches and filters.

All best, JB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.