Settings changes are not sticking

Home Forums Bug reporting, Questions & Suggestions Polaroid Slider for WordPress Settings changes are not sticking

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by sleenie sleenie 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Well, sincew there is no doucmentation available I guess I have no choicew but to try and ask a question.

None of the settings seem to take when I change them I really need to work on this. It is taking way to long to set this up and it should be simple.

Is there a known problem with this? Please respond!

I’ve added access to the site.

I have deactivated ALL plugins, cleared the cache activated only Polaroid the the settings still don’t stick. Some do, but for example I’ve tried changing the font, tried moving the label to the bottom of the image, tried rearranging the images (moving them) and it just does noit stick. I ended up removing labels, re-uploading photos so they were loaded in the order i wanted.

One of the things the client really like was that we could use Google fonts but that does not work. In fact, the font we use is Salsa from Google and it isn’t even there.

I can change CSS via Firebug, but when I implement the changes, they revert back to the standard. Tried changing border colors, sizes and even using an image and none stick. Tried chanign font sizes also in the se3tting and it reverts back.

I have also tested this on a test site with only 2 plugins and still get the same thing. That site only had the default theme loaded.

That site is http://www.hoffbrausteaks.com/testsiteonly and has the same username and password as i set up on the main site, which is very active. Some changes are accepted (such as the text itself) but not the font, nor moving the label.

I want to remove any other slider that is there. One is already deactivated and once I get this one working right, all others will be deleted.

Also, on IE the images are not tilted.

Thank you for responding and I look forward to hearing from you.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by sleenie sleenie.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by sleenie sleenie.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

There is a documentation inside the zip file you download from the codecanyon. When you unzip it, there must be also a documentation.zip file inside of it. (at least this is how I upload it to codecanyon, it is required)

However this is not a known issue, most likely a conflict with another plugin or template. Can you please provide temporary ftp/administrator access to the website? I will take a look at the problem myself and fix it if possible asap.

You can add the website details if you edit your first post in this thread, so nobody else will see them, only me and you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Sandy Norton
    Sandy Norton
    Participant

Any word on this? I would really like to get this taken care of, if possible.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Please check the username/password combination, I couldn’t login to the test site nor to the live site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

My apologies…user name was wrong please try again. Thanks

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Any word??

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

I really need some assistance on this. If you are not going to look at it or help fix the issues, I would like to know so I can go elsewhere. My client is getting impatient. (and I am also)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

There was some kind of jQuery error triggered by some of the plugins or templates which is couldn’t locate. I rewrited some parts of the backend scripts in the polaroid slider to avoid these errors.

It looks like it is going to work now. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Thank you so much. So far so good. The settings seem to be taking.

Any chance that the Google Font “Salsa” can be added? That what is used on the site but it isn’t under the list of Google fonts.

Also, the slider does not look the same in IE yet. The photos are not tilted or at any angle. Can this be fixed? My cliwent would be very happy.

I’m not sure what javascript it would be conflicting with because I also installed it on the test site, with the default theme and no plugins (Other than the Advanced Text Widget Pro and that developer checked it a lonbg time ago. But the main thing that now there are settings that stick.

Question, when there is an upgrade, will it revert back or is this a premanent change.

Thank you so much for fixing the settings problem.

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Was not able to access your site for several days. Again, I would like to thank you for fixing the problme of editing.

The slider does not look the same on IE and I would love to have this working. My client has lots of IE users so she would love to see it work the same.

Thanks for your assistance.

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

I really would like to see this fixed so I don’t have to look for another plugin. I can live with the way it shows on IE if it can’t be fixed but they do no show on the iPhone or iPad. Does this have flash in it somewhere? Please let me know if this caqn be taken care so I can make further arrangements if not.

Is this plugin at the end of its lifecycle?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Polaroid Slider for WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.